What’s stopping you ticking that Gift Aid box ?
Gift Aid is a scheme that allows charities to reclaim tax on a donation made by a UK taxpayer, which means your donations will be worth 25% more to us at no extra cost to you. If you Gift Aid your donations we can claim back from the government 25p for every £1 you donate .
How Does Gift Aid Helps Charities?
With the help of Trustee donations Libyan Helping Hands has been able to operate as a 100% Donation Policy. Our plan for the Gift Aid funds to be used to support the Volunteers on the Ground in Libya to cover transportation cost, phone bills .
Is your donation eligible?
To claim gift aid on your donation:
- We must have your full name and home address
- It must be a donation made from a personal bank or building society account (We can’t claim Gift Aid on donations from company accounts).
- The donation must be your own money and not the proceeds of a collection or sale.
- You must be paying income tax or capital gains tax which at least equals the amount PCA and other charities and community amateur sports clubs will claim in the appropriate tax year (6 April one year to 5 April the next). This is currently 25p for every £1 you give.
- If you are a higher-rate tax payer you can also claim additional tax relief. For higher rate tax payers (paying tax at 40%) this works out as 25p for every £1 you donate and for the highest rate tax payers (paying tax at 45%) this works out as 31p for every £1 you donate.
How to Gift Aid your donations
If eligible, we can claim Gift Aid on all of your donations in the last 4 years and all donations you make in the future (unless you tell us otherwise).
All you have to do is sign a declaration. You can do this by: